Friday, February 10, 2012

The Rise of the 20 Something Year Olds

I had been keeping a secret from the people I love the most in my life because I wasn’t sure how they would all respond to it. It’s not something I intentionally did, I just felt like what was going on with me wasn’t something I really needed to share with everyone and potently get crap for. It’s not like I was lying, I just wasn’t saying anything. And at that point there wasn’t really anything to tell anyway.

After a few weeks of keeping this to myself, and feeling like I was going to burst all over the place it finally came out. I don’t remember exactly who it came out to first and in what manor it did, but it was out. And the more it was out the more I realized that I wasn’t the only one.

I am having a flirtation/texting affair with a 21 year old boy, I mean man. Phew, there it is. Out loud and on paper. When it first came out to my friends, I received a bit of “Ewws” and “Wow, really? He’s like two”. The worst actually came from my guy friends, which I guess is to be expected. They’re all in their 30’s (or almost) and to hear about one of their best friends, being a 35 year old independent chick, to be carrying on like this with a 21 year old must have been a bit upsetting. I got made fun of, a lot. Which to me is always a bit humorous because if they were to have the same type of situation (I call it situation because there is no term for what he and I are doing) I would equally make fun of them and they would equally be all about it.

So with me coming out of the 21 year old hot closet, I noticed that I am not the only one. But they’re doing much more, these 30 something year old women are actually dating the 20 something year olds. And I think it’s awesome. I am the first one to admit that if my text hottie lived in this state (oh I didn’t mention that he doesn’t live here?) I would totally be dating him and loving every second of it.

When I was 22 years old I remember thinking the guys that were my age who were dating older woman were all freaks and the lady must have been a desperate hot mess. I mean, why else would a woman that old want to surround herself with immature fella’s that know absolutely nothing about life and women? But now being said hot mess (which I’m actually NOT a hot mess) and all of my friends too (also NOT hot messes) I’m realizing that they were totally onto something. Men in their 20’s are awesome. They text you out of the blue, they’re attentive, they think you are a goddess and they don’t play games. I receive texts from my really really hot texting/flirting/whatever he is 21 year old everyday with doozies like “You’re really pretty” and “how is your day going” and “I would love to hang out with you right now” I mean COME ON, 35 year old men would never do this! They won’t even text you back before 3 days (damn you Swingers for putting this into the head of my male generation). My 21 hotness (Have I mentioned he’s really hot?) gives me more than a beard and non-beer belly with zero love handles; he gives me the attention I deserve from a man. He thinks I’m awesome and he isn’t afraid to tell me. And in the end isn’t that what ladies just really want from men?

My roommate described 20 something year old men as, and I quote, “They are like an untapped natural resource”. That they are my friend, that they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment