Saturday, February 18, 2012

Darn You Ryan Gosling *Waving Fist in Air*

I’ve stated in my posts before that people are always asking my why I’m single. I have many theories to why I am, but one reason I know for sure. It’s simple, the majority of men in the Los Angeles area are extremely, painfully uninteresting. You would think that I am only saying this because I am a bit picky and have too high expectations considering the fact that my Dad happens to be one of the wittiest people I have ever met and can make me laugh with just a look or because my latest ex (even though our relationship had um, problems) was one of the funniest person’s I have ever known in my life. We had this ability to be so stupid silly together and he always made me laugh (hard) even through the shit. I suppose that was why we even stayed together as long as we did. We had this intoxicating effect on one another and in a room full of friends we’d be the only ones, trying to “out laugh” each other. It was a constant comedy show and I have the videos to prove it. Not dirty videos FYI.

So with all of this said it comes down to this, are the men in this town completely uninteresting, egotistical, self righteous elitists? Or do I just expect too much? Do we have Hollywood to blame? Giving us ladies movies like The Notebook, when a man is good looking (Ryan Gosling the man of all men) has his shit together (or in this movie, comes from being super poor to rebuilding a plantation house in the south, hello!) and then not really having a job (he doesn’t work in the rest of the movie, but I don’t think that part was explained, or it was and I was just too busy staring at his beard to notice) but the whole time being super witty, making his funny’s, taking her on boat rides through swans (come the f$%& on) building her a room where she can do her “art” and then living happily ever after until she gets dementia and has to move into a nursing home where he follows and then they die together laying side by side. SERIOUSLY!!!???? Just by typing all of this I’m getting pissed. Guys in LA won’t even by a lady a drink! I go out every weekend with my friends, and not once has a guy approached me and asked me what I would like to drink. Ok, wait I’m getting away from the original blog, so I need to revert, more on guys not buying drinks for ladies in next week’s blog.

It’s like we’re stuck with two different guys in LA. The actor type that is witty, funny and somewhat interesting, but works as a waiter because they are trying to hit it big and seem to always think there is something better around the corner, so they would never want to settle on a non model with an awesome personality and a real job. Or the type that has a job, they’re either a banker or a lawyer, they make a good living and know what they want out of life, but they are as boring as a new born baby. (No offense to my mommy friends) there’s just no happy medium, except for my guys friends that all seem to be a perfect combination. Problem with that though, is I don’t want to date any of them.

All of this said, I would much rather be single and having a great time with my friends than waste my time on some lame-o that has nothing cool to say just so I can say I’m in a relationship. But that’s just the opinion of my friends and me. Some people (I blame society) think those women who aren’t in a relationship regardless of the reason, are just sad little bitter pathetic spinsters. When I think, we are actually onto something. Woman who can decide not to be in relationship because they don’t want to settle or waste their time with losers are actually way better off than women who stick around with jerks just so they can be in a partnership. When in turn if you are with a jerk that treats you like crap, it’s not actually a partnership. It’s a sad pathetic situation that you’ve become stuck in.

For now, I’d rather hang out with my friends, drinking in bars and making out with random hotness.Heeeyyyy-oooo

No comments:

Post a Comment