Saturday, December 31, 2011

Later 2011 and Take Your Lame With Ya

2011 had a few ups and downs. It didn’t start off exactly the way I thought a good year would. New Years Eve party was a blast, had the typical “I don’t want to be alone the rest of the year so I have to make out with someone” make out session. The next day had promise to be a great year considering anything would have to be better than the last 2 years of my life. Which consisted of losing the love of my life to a 22 year old, losing my job because of stupid management, finding another boyfriend who then lost his mom to the awful cancer, not finding a job in the horrible economy, losing the other boyfriend (which was actually the upswing of the year) finding a job that was beneath me and pay that would not allow me survive on my own to then getting a huge promotion that was no longer beneath me but the pay stayed the same (how the crap does THAT happen??). The end of 2010 had evened out a bit so of course I thought 2011 is going to be AWESOME!

New Years day 2011 the day of wonderful promise where you feel like you can do anything because you have a fresh new start for me started with the flu. Knock down, wish I was dead, I’ll never feel well again flu. Out the entire first week of the New Year ok, not a good start, but it’s only January 7th right?

By the end of January I was over the flu, but then my body decided to move right onto a Kidney Infection. Oh cool, thanks body. Not only was I sick sick sick, the kidney infection landed me right into the emergency room.
The first half of the year, with its sickness, being way underpaid, dating a few peeps you think will last a bit until poof they’re gone without explanation, still severely underpaid, and having an upstairs neighbor pay for sex that you have to listen to night after night started to somewhat turn around in August.

I received the wonderful opportunity to move in with an awesome friend for $400.00 less a month, in an area of the city that has my beautiful hipster bearded fella’s I love to look at, I received a pretty decent raise, work had the best event sales in 3 years (which means there’s a little more respect given to the only woman manager, me) and my parents had decided to move back to Vegas, which mean's driving distance. Some people my age may not see this as an upswing, but I actually really like my parents.

So with all this leading into 2012, let’s hope it stays on the upswing. Here’s to health, happiness and a wonderful 2012 for everyone! If not, maybe the mayans were right and it will all just be over in 11 months anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment